Letter Writing Tips
 

When you writing a letter in English, there are few rules to follow. if you don't follow these rules, the letter will not be flawless. the content of the letter can be simple and accurate. if the recipient doesn't understand the subject of the letter, then the letter will be useless. so here are some things to keep in mind:
The language of the letter should be simple and easy to understand.

The letter should not be unnecessarily long, only the content should be written clearly.

The language of the business letter needs to be polite and courteous.

You must be followed by the rules of writing.

 Handwriting should be clean and neat.

 Your name, address, and the address of the recipient should be clearly written.

Differents parts of letter: 
1. The heading: Here you write the name and address of the recipient. this part is at the top of the right side of the letter.

2. Situation: Here you will address appropriately to whom you want to write a letter. Example- Dear, My dear, Sir, Madam, dear madam.

3. The body of the letter: Here write what the sender wants to say. this is the main part of the letter. the content should be well written so that the recipient can understand easily.

4. the superscription: At the end of the letter has to write a closing greeting to show respect. Example-  Yours ever, yours truly, yours faithfully.

5. Signature: The Writer should be signed here. in cash of personal letter, the only name should be written.

6. Address: The writer should mention the address here.


Salutation List:
1. Relatives.
2. Friends.
3. Acquaintances.
4. Strangers.
5. Principal of a college/ Professor of a college/teacher of a school.
6. Business, Firm, Newspaper.

1.Relatives:

My dear father 

My dear mother

My dear brother 

My dear sister

My dear uncle

My dear maternal uncle

My dear maternal aunt

2. Friends:

Dear rima  Yours ever

My dear lata  Yours sincerely

Dear mr. roy Sincerely yours

3. Acquaintances:

Dear mr. roy   Yours truly

Dear mr. s das   Yours very truly

Dear mr. sen  Yours sincerely

4. Strangers:

Sir  Yours truly

Madam, Dear sir, Dear madam  Yours faithfully

5. Principal of a college/ Professor of a college/teacher of a school:

Dear principal   Yours obediently

Dear professor   Yours very sincerely

Dear teacher  →  Yours respectfully


6. Business, Firm, Newspaper:

Sir  Yours faithfully.

Some Expression Used In Letter - Writing:

1. My dear father

2. My dear mother

3. Dear sam

4. Dear rima

5. Dear friend

6. I have not heard from you for a long time.

7. Here is a bit of happy news for you.

8. I am greatly pleased to acknowledge the receipt of your letter.

9. I am sorry for not being able to reply to your letter in time.

10. Many thanks for your kind and sympathetic letter.

11. I am very glad to receive your letter.

12. I can't make out why you do not write.

13. How are you? How do you do?

14. I am well.

15. How is your father?

16. How is your family?

17. Give my love to him.

18. Remember me to him.

19. I shall be pleased if you write to me now and then.

20. I am so so.

21. Wish you the best of luck.

22. Pay my respect to him.

23. Pay my respect to your mother.

24. No more today.

25. Let me end the letter here.  
 
these sentences are very useful for writing a letter. so remember this all sentences:








 

0 Comments