What is the use of Am, Is, and are?

The am, is, are show a state in present. We use 'am' with i. We use 'is' with he, she, it. We use 'are' with we, you, they. We use is with one noun[singular]. We are with more than one[plural].

I      ⇨    AM

HE  ⇨    IS

SHE ⇨  IS

IT     ⇨  IS

WE  ⇨  ARE

YOU ⇨ ARE

THEY⇨ ARE

Examples:

1. I am reading a book.

2. They are my father and mother.

3. He is good at math.

3. You are my best friend.

4. She is a beautiful girl.

5. I am from Delhi.

6. There are six books in my bag.

7. It is very cold today.

8. Moti is my pet dog.

9. You are a good boy.

10. It is ten 'o' clock now

Exercise:
choose the right word and fill in the blanks with you, she, he, you, they, and i.

1. _____ am a tall boy.

2. _____ are playing.

3. _____ is my brother.

4. _____ is a tiger.

5. _____ is my bag.

Answers------ i, they, she, it, it.



0 Comments